Friday, January 06, 2012

Content

The new school term beckons in a couple of days time. I spent some time these few days, idling about, counting my blessings, and making mental notes of how I would like to be for the new semester.
On top of that, I had some re-runs of the things I've done and smile to myself because I'd been silly. The process of growing occurs so fast that I'd been able to reflect and take a step back, giving the whole thing an overview, only to realise the naivety of my previous self, within such a short period of time.

You know, if we'd this mindset that every new month is like a new year, we'd be so charged throughout the year to start afresh, to remember our little goals, to remember to hang in there, and achieve what we'd set out to do. We start the year all determined to be the perfect goal-driven person, but end up on a downward slippery slope of a lack of enthusiasm and major procrastination as the year cumulates. And at the end of the year, we realised we haven't really achieved what we'd intended to. Sloppy attitude.

I've gotta readjust some of my priorities with school activities. Poking my hand into many things only divert the finite amount of attention I have. No more working part time and no more taking part in case competitions. With Boulderactive 2012 and renovation of the new place, I think it'd just be perfect to complement my studies.

We'd started some shopping for the interior decoration of the place. The 6 months will fly by. I'm hanging in between modern and european theme. Although there's still time, I ought to go about getting some inspiration and ideas. Not exactly the most creative person, I still hope to create another paradise of my own.

What's there to complain about in life when we're kept productive and busy? And amongst all these, I still devote that little time to improve on myself. It has got nothing to do with anyone. I just like to be a better person. I don't expect the world to become a better place, nor expect people to become nice overnight. I just need myself to not stay stagnant.
Which, I think is a blessing in disguise that I've not renewed my season parking for the new school term. Because I will spend those pockets of time travelling, reading for such knowledge.


1 comment:

Ditzydude said...

Yes, it's good to take a step back occasionally, and look at yourself; helps you gain personal insight.

Sounds like there's a good term ahead! All the best.