Saturday, January 07, 2012

Post Gravical 2012

Honestly, the open women climbers made it look so easy. My stand still holds strong that I haven't reached their level yet, and I'm glad I'm still staying in this category. Actually today's routes felt as if they were a repeat of Pumpfest 2009 when the intermediate women category a bit failed or performed under Tonde's expectations. It could be because the girls really aren't up to par yet. I guess the girls really have a long way to go before reaching international standards, plus, not many as compared to the men, are as dedicated to hardcore training. I dare say for myself I ain't obsessed yet. Just passionate, not obsessed. 

Feelings? I felt strong. I felt confident. But the wall threw me off. It cut me. It wounded me. It pumped me out so hard. I admit I didn't have a good start. First the announcer said we had 5 minutes before the commencement of the first detail of climbers. So we made our way to the wall. Before 30 seconds were up, suddenly, the announcer said we only had 1 minute left. I think it screwed my mind up because I haven't mentally psyched myself and planned the routes yet. Basically fumbling with wearing the tight Scarpas just in time to run into the grounds. Sigh. I didn't even have time for a pep talk to myself, or the rest of the girls. To me, the mental is so much so much more important than the physical performance on that day. It's my strongest aspect, and I didn't have the opportunity to fully exploit it. We all learn right? Through the hard way. The ever optimistic me is already looking forward to Boulderactive 2012. And, heh, Climb X. 

No comments: