Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Think Different

I've always tried to think big. Literally. Putting myself on top of everything. Feeling the best I can be. It may not mean putting others down. But I see myself moving up. Always on top of the whole schema of things.

I came across something that inspired a little change in the mindset. Thinking big, sometimes may not necessarily bring you far. It's thinking different, that makes you the outlier. Everyone thinks big. Everyone has gone on the increasingly fast treadmill. But how many actually dares to step off the treadmill? In Physics, the person has achieved zero displacement. The track moves, but the machine stays. The person runs, but the person, has in fact, not moved to a new place.

Stagnation.

One by one, we all hop onto the treadmill, increasing the speeds, showing off the vitality of youth, the agility in the legs, the fitness of an athlete.

If we were all given the same set of tools again, what would you create?

I cannot even let my imagination run. I've lost my creativity. I don't know how else to re-create. Why try seeking for something different without even knowing the boundaries of 'different'? It's precisely because of that, that we always take a step back again, back onto the treadmill. No matter how tiresome, we step back and continue on it, because at least we know, we'll never veer off into the unknown.

No comments: