Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"I" embracing masculinity

If I had to point out one part of me that defies the traditional traits that a girl ought to have, it would be this masculine part referring primarily to my spirit, drive, thinking, and ordering function.

"Modern civilization has evolved around the masculine principle of thinking over feeling, order over spontaneity, detachment over passion, correctness over authenticity, passivity over conflict, extraversion over introversion, law over spirit, head over heart."

I have to break the trance of my masculine reliance. What exactly is this reliance? Externally, looking for the answer and completeness through a man; internally, relying on my rational thinking function only, rather than feeling, rhythm, and wisdom of the heart, body and intuition.

This masculinity and femininity are not the typical outer forms of behaviour, beliefs and cultural norms. They are life force archetypal patterns, endowments and functions that are universal in all cultures in both men and women.

I have been neglecting my feminine function, the feeling function, that is. It is the visceral experience and participation, the ability to receive and to be in the flow of our natural rhythm and nature, to reveal and express at the right time, love, nurture and to be in the here and now.

But I do realise that the masculine principle still holds true today. Many are still in the pursuit of this. While the rest of you go in that direction, I will regress and embrace the other side. Because everyone is just different. Going with the flow at times may feel more right, but going against the flow brings more revelation to the personal self. I think that's of ultimate importance.

If you've been thinking that you've not been very feeling of late, maybe it's time to embrace the femininity principle as well. Vice versa if you've been feeling all the time and not embracing the thinking function.

Aside from dedication to my studies, I really honestly find more meaning in my life pursuing the deeper levels of my consciousness. And, I don't think I have gone crazy yet. Like the allegory of the cave by Plato, you cannot teach a man to be educated, he has to educate himself to understand what education means. And this experience remains only true to oneself.

No comments: