Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lucid Dreaming

The last time I broached on this topic was quite a while back, and I think I have just managed to experience my first lucid dreaming experience. Just to explain the term simply, lucid dreaming refers to the ability to control your dream while you're dreaming.

The story that blurs the line of fiction and non-fiction... It feels bittersweet knowing something like that did not happen in reality, but glad that something played out like that in my dreams and I had an active participation in it.

As usual, the time for the conclusion of my usual activity came. As I was prepared to leave the place, I popped an inviting question if you'd want a lift from me back home. You seldom smile, but this time, you gave a wide mischievous grin and shook your head. I sensed some hesitation on your part and decided to seize the opportunity by throwing the question back to you a second time. You agreed. You knew you wanted. As we were in the car, you asked me if I enjoyed giving people rides home, I said I don't particularly enjoy, but it's also because I don't get to enjoy much of people sending me home anyway. You continued on with your random conversations with me until I have no idea how we ended in some other place that we didn't intend to go. Quite illogically, the next scene, the both of us were on a huge bed that didn't seem like a normal one. It was twice the size of a king size bed. You continued with your random sentences that I couldn't pay attention to because I was so distracted by your mere presence. As I was lying on my side facing away from you, I thought I heard you sniffing from behind me, and I guessed you were trying to get a whiff of my hair scent. I shifted in closer to you until we were almost touching. As if I guessed it right, you buried your head into my hair and took deep whiffs. We were in such close proximity but our bodies never touched. As I turned around to face you, you continued talking and our eyes met. I could only keep the gaze so much as 2 seconds before breaking it as it was too intense. I managed another laughter in response to your words while shifting the focus away from you momentarily. I could tell from the corner of my eyes that the close proximity of us but yet not touching at all was a very inviting factor to keep our hearts racing. How odd that a couple of feet away, my mom was lying on the bed with us playing with her handphone. At that moment, you asked her if she could leave us alone and allow us some peace and quiet time together. I winced as I heard those words leaving your mouth, because I knew the presence of my mom was merely an alter ego of myself, reminding me that I ought not do anything a mom would disagree with. As I got up to take a shower, I left the bed and you. Coming out from the shower moments later, the bed was empty, the sheets were messy - an indication that we had been lying there. It was real. I was disappointed that you had left without waiting for me, but I saw a note on the dressing table. 

Very abruptly, I woke up from my dream. I was dying to know the contents of the note and I felt really tired, so I shut my eyes and continued sleeping, forcing the dream to continue itself.

Before I knew it, I was back in the room, walking towards the dressing table. Your note came into full view, it was small, but book-like with the middle folded. On it, your unique handwriting in marker showed "Thanks for everything. Sorry I had to go. See you later. 1030." Short and sweet, typical of your writing.
And I woke up again. With everything fresh in my head, I logged this dream in the nearest device I could land my hands on before I start forgetting the details.

I've been very curious about my dreams because I have had 3 days of consecutive dreams which I remember and that's something out of the ordinary because usually I don't remember dreaming at all.
Reading up about this particular dream, which by now, you can tell, has a sensual slant to it, actually has one memorable analysis that I shall just take home with me:

"Sometimes people have dreams where they are being taken care of, loved very deeply or cuddled – dreams that are not overtly sexual but which leave the dreamer feeling very drawn to the person in the dream who was being so affectionate. These dreams can leave an individual feeling very shaken up and confused because often the love interest in the dream is not a regular partner. In our experience, these dreams can tell us a great deal. We believe they're often there as some manifestation that all is not entirely well with our current situation. They often express a hankering for a loving experience that is absent from a marriage or long-term relationship."

Actually I found another more suiting description for the person involved in this dream:

"In case you have dreams about someone you met somewhere, but you are not so sure if you like them or not, this means that this person will become very important for you in a while. The unconscious mind sends you dreams about someone who will become a special person for you when you’ll pay attention to their charm even before you’ll notice their presence."

I'm dying to know if you actually loved sniffing hair scents in real life. That'd be quite funny.

No comments: